Monica Gingold – Killing it at your job with a secret chronic illness
Monica Gingold is one of Australia’s leading hair and make up artists, who has been suffering from chronic fatigue since she was a teenager. This is the fist time she has spoken about it publicly.
Monica Gingold is a long time friend and colleague of our founder Ashli, where they worked together on many hair tutorial video shoots about six years ago. Since, they have stayed in touch and now work together through Monica’s agency, TONIC.
With over 13 years in the industry, Monica has worked with awesome clients including Camila and Marc, One Day, Lorna Jane, David Jones, Myer, Decjuba, Lexus and more. She’s even been able to travel overseas to work at New York Fashion Week, as well as home grown events like VAMFF and MBFWA, Melbourne Cup Carnival, Grand Prix and work across television productions including X-Factor, Dancing with the Stars, The Logies, Brownlow Awards and The Aria’s. You’ve probably seen her being tagged by top influencers including Steph Claire Smith, Rozalia Russian, Bec Judd, Elyse Knowles and Brooke Hogan.
A couple of years ago, after her wedding, she partnered with wedding planner superstar Tahli Engel, where they created TONIC; an agency consisting of a team of highly skilled hair and makeup artists servicing weddings, parties, races and all events where clients need hair and makeup.
When Ashli announced Allergy Proof™, Monica spilled her story and that she was diagnosed with chronic fatigue when she was a teenager and has been managing it since. She refrained from talking about it publicly, until now.
Here’s a summary of what we spoke about:
- All about what’s involved with being an Accredited Dietician
- How Chloe had her own intolerances growing up, and how this guided her career
- Her journey from growing up in the country of SA, to moving to Melbourne, then Sydney
- Her life since becoming a Mumma
- Chloe’s journey with our founder Ash and how she diagnosed her with a food chemical intolerance
- Understanding what a food chemical intolerance is
- The symptoms and how common it is among her clients
- What foods to cut out when diagnosed
- The correlation with FODMAPs
- How this diet inspired Ashli to start Yours Only®
- Why being selecting with your skincare is important when you’re sensitive
- Advice on how to manage unresolved symptoms
- Tips to manage flare ups with a busy schedule
- And more!
“I just couldn’t get out of bed, I was just completely wiped. I was so drained, I had no energy. Even though I was so tired, my sleep had completely deteriorated. I wouldn’t sleep at night, I developed insomnia, but I had the desperate need to sleep during the day.”
Links and resources:
Did you enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode and the Allergy Proof™ podcast, we have a favour – If you could subscribe, and write a rating and a review? You can simply do that by clicking here. We’re on a mission to help people banish horrible symptoms to live a better life – this will help the podcast reach more people, to let us all live healthy and happy lives.