Mel Mitchell – The struggles of falling pregnant as a busy women with an autoimmune disease
We never hear about women on their journey to fall pregnant. We always hear the success stories. This is a story to help you know you’re not alone if you’re struggling to conceive.
In this week’s episode, we talked to the lovely Melanie Mitchell who is the founder of The Sundae Agency and The Citrus Club, which is located in Yeppoon Queensland. She is SUCH a genius when it comes to all things branding and advertising, and was the creative brain behind the Yours Only branding. She always bonded with our founder Ashli as they have very similar health journeys. She was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s a few years ago, and has been on a very long and windy journey to get her system in a healthy place. Mel and her fiancé Rhys have been trying to fall pregnant for the last two and a half years and she is still not pregnant. We always hear stories of women who struggled who finally fell pregnant, but not stories of women still on the journey. It is a little raw, but we really hope telling her story will help you, or someone else going through the same thing.
Here’s a summary of what we spoke about:
- What Mel was like growing up, and how she was alllllways an overachiever
- Her journey to where she is now, where she runs her two companies, The Sundae Agency and The Citrus Club
- Her health journey from childhood until now
- Her crazy work schedule and how a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s disease encouraged her to move back to Aus from London
- Her current struggle to conceive after 2.5 years of trying
- The tests and processes she’s been through to get to the bottom of it
- What her support network is like
- Advice on how to manage unresolved symptoms
- Tips to manage flare ups with a busy schedule
- And more!
“Hashimoto’s disease can really affect conceiving a baby. If you have any sort of thyroid issues, you can have complications throughout the pregnancy as well. ”
Links and resources:
Did you enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode and the Allergy Proof™ podcast, we have a favour – If you could subscribe, and write a rating and a review? You can simply do that by clicking here. We’re on a mission to help people banish horrible symptoms to live a better life – this will help the podcast reach more people, to let us all live healthy and happy lives.