Vanessa Hutchinson – How to turn your pain point into a business
After suffering from her own gut issues, and discovering she needed to be on a low FODMAP diet, Vanessa started Fodbods, FODMAP friendly snack options for busy people.
This week’s episode is with the lovely Vanessa Hutchinson, who started out as a lawyer, before spending two years in in finance at Goldman Sachs. Then she started working in venture capital, helping grow start ups. After suffering from her own gut issues, and discovering she needed to be on a low FODMAP diet, she started Fodbods, FODMAP friendly snack options for busy people. They’re all made in Australia from 100% natural ingredients, vegan, gluten and dairy free.
The products are now stocked in 100 locations across the globe and are just about to land in David jones, which is very exciting. I loved this chat with Vanessa, as she talks about her struggles with gut issues, and how a lot of them were heightened when she was working crazy hours, which we know is not great for our gut.
Here’s a summary of what we spoke about:
- What Vanessa was like growing up, and what life was like growing up in Switzerland
- What she studied at uni, and how she switched from law to working in venture capital
- Her career journey and where she is now
- Where her symptoms started, and how she managed them
- Her long winded health journey and where she is now
- How she started her own biz Fodbods after not being able to find FODMAP friendly snack options
- The story behind how she started Fodbods
- Advice on how to manage unresolved symptoms
- Tips to manage flare ups with a busy schedule
- And more!
“I didn’t actually know there was a treatment or solution, so I did just feel that this is my life. I have a sensitive stomach.”
Links and resources:
Did you enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode and the Allergy Proof™ podcast, we have a favour – If you could subscribe, and write a rating and a review? You can simply do that by clicking here. We’re on a mission to help people banish horrible symptoms to live a better life – this will help the podcast reach more people, to let us all live healthy and happy lives.